A research project for the period June 2011 to April 2014
- The utilization of biomass in the production of energy as well as transportation fuels and chemicals becomes more important in order to achieve the national and international objectives aiming at increasing the utilization of renewable energy resources and restrain the global warming.
- The aim of the project is to study especially the utilization possibilities of forest biomass in the production of energy as well as biofuels and different chemicals.
- The project is strongly focusing on the development and optimization of the gasification process, as well as on the purification of syngas and subsequent processing of the obtained syngas.
- The project is coordinated by Kokkola University Consortium Chydenius in Finland. The other organizations participating in the project are Central Ostrobothnia University of Applied Sciences (Ylivieska) and University of Oulu from Finland and Luleå Technical University. The participating organizations have previous experience of successful research cooperation within the HighBio project (Interreg North 2008-2011).
- HighBio2 project publication: Biomass to energy and chemicals
- HighBio2 video