The R&D environment of the wireless and mobile technology
(1.10.2007 - 30.9.2010)
The R&D activity of the WiMoTech project is development work on the application interface and it is done to meet the needs of the companies. The R&D emphasis is on wireless short-range data transmission. The activity underlines the co-operation with companies, educational institutions in the region, and with national and international universities and higher education institutions. The objective is a networked innovation environment of wireless and mobile technology, in which the latest research information on wireless technology is effectively transferred to the companies and other actors in the region. With the help of the R&D activity and the technology transfer one can improve the productivity of the companies that utilize the wireless data transmission applications and mobile technologies.
The objectives of the WiMoTech-project are:
- To initiate and implement research on wireless and mobile technology and to develop the telecommunications laboratory to become a research-based environment that supports the different actors in the region.
- To encourage the networking and co-operation of the companies, educational establishments and research institutions within the region, in order to realise, via the research and development activity, the laboratory as an operational R&D environment for wireless and mobile technology.
- To transfer the new innovations and research information on wireless and mobile technology for the use of companies in the region and to encourage the start-up of new business and the R&D activity of the companies in the region.
- To transform part of the project outcomes into a new business opportunity for an existing small or medium-sized company, or into a business opportunity for a spin-off-company generated within the project.
- To support the wireless and mobile technology education and R&D activity of both the Kokkola University Consortium and in the Central Ostrobothnia UAS, and to enable diploma work in this field.
Back to the previous page