Aluetalouden tilastoseurannan kehittäminen (ATIK) (Developing the statistical follow-up of regional economy in Central Ostrobothnia)
The aim of the project is to enhance the statistical follow-up of the Central Ostrobothnian regional economy by means of producing supplementary, multilevel and cluster-based statistical infomation about the structures of business activities in and around Central Ostrobothnia. The second aim is to develop the cooperation between organizations that at the moment take part in the statistical follow-up and anticipation activities in Central Ostrobothnia.
In the project, five measures will be implemented:
(1) The definition of the central clusters of business activities that will be set out to be monitored by means of statistical information;
(2) The procurement and processing of the statistical data;
(3) The analysis and interpretation of the statistical data;
(4) The rationalization of the cooperation between organizations that take part in statistical follow-up and anticipation activities in Central Ostrobothnia; and
(5) The publication of the statistical information.
As its result the project will produce, firstly, a new type of description of the Central Ostrobothnian regional economy. The new tool will help businesses and regional development organizations to enhance their competitiveness and networking, because in the improved situation the actors can – better than before – perceive themselves being parts of developing clusters of business activities.
The second result of the project is the new operational model that will be constructed in the project to develop the cooperation between organizations that take part in statistical follow-up and anticipation activities in Central Ostrobothnia.
The project will be implemented during 2015–2018.
Funding: European Regional Development Fund + The Finnish state/Regional Council of Central Ostrobothnia; KOSEK – Kokkolanseudun Kehitys Ltd; Sub-region of Kaustinen; City of Kannus; Kokkola University Consortium Chydenius (University of Jyväskylä).
Further information: Olli Rosenqvist